Fantastic opportunity to join an organisation with a great variety of projects across multiple sectors, along with a progressive remote first culture. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is ready to step up to a senior software engineer role.
Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
Senior Java Developer
Is a major information technology corporation based in the United States with a Belfast office that offers a number of current openings in their AppDev team.
Although this position is in Belfast, Northern Ireland, they have a remote first policy.
The AppDev business collaborates with clients to deliver bespoke cutting-edge solutions in a wide range of industries, utilising the most cutting-edge Open-Source and Cloud technologies.
Here are some recent projects the AppDev team has completed for our customers:
- Modernizing a top automobile manufacturer's dealership software with a front-end and API Services upgrade
- Online educational software for organising and tracking student attendance as well as pupils with special educational needs.
- Software for grocery logistics that focuses on high-performance item pricing and logistics configuration management.
- Claims management software for healthcare
The Client's AppDev team also runs its own internal development projects, which are driven by ideas you and your colleagues have and are given the time to explore what they could achieve. For example, we are now working on a core application based on lessons learned from each of the aforementioned initiatives in order to create a modularized application that will kickstart engagement with our clients.
Developers, Business Analysts, and Architects make up our cross-functional teams, which work in Scrum teams to follow our Agile framework. Each member of the team plays an important role in understanding, contributing to, and providing the best possible solution for their clients' demands.
We're looking for someone with the following skills right now:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or software development would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- A desire to learn new technologies and skill sets in order to meet consumer needs
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle concepts
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and decompose customer requirements
- Capable of mentoring and leading more junior team members
- Java development experience (versions 8 and up preferred)
working Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- ORM Framework Knowledge (Hibernate, jOOQ, etc)
- SQL (Oracle/SQL Server or other equivalents) experience
- Spring Framework experience (Spring Boot, etc)
- Knowledge of cloud computing (Azure/AWS)
- Microservice Architecture and Implementation experience
- Unit testing and regression testing experience
- No-SQL experience
- Experience with at least one front-end framework (Mongo or other equivalents)
£50,000 - £60,000
- Remote first approach
- Quarterly bonus
- 5% pension
- access to GCP/AWS/Azure certifications & training
- 30 days holiday allowance Including NI Holidays
- Private medical/Dental cover
- Home Working setup allowance
- Quarterly Funday events (Go-Karting etc)