Java Developers (All levels) (Fintech/Payments) 100% remote role
Never want to work in an office again or take a spin to the South of France and work from your new home for the summer? These things are all possible with this key VANRATH client.
salary up to £90k+ 15% bonus + benefits
Our client is simply unique - They're well-funded, have an awesome team, marketing leading products & a great product-market fit. They also have all the benefits you'd expect from a well funded US tech champion.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in our clients exciting growth story as they continue to build the next generation of capabilities in the payment processing space. With a team of around 80 already on board in Northern Ireland our client have plans to add another 6 Java Developer to the team asap.
A bit about our client:
Our client drives commerce for businesses with anytime, anywhere payment solutions, delivering exceptional integrated payment technology and serves to meet the diverse and specialised requirements of merchant providers. Headquartered in Chicago and founded in 2003, our client have serviced over 30,000 clients and have processed over $10 billion in annual card volume. Here you will be joining a team of industry leaders with over 200 years of payments industry experience who believe in outcomes over outputs, looking for curious, driven and pragmatic individuals to continue and drive forward their vision as trusted advisers and recognised experts in payments.
This role is responsible for the design and development of backend, service, and portal systems that reside on our clients payment processing platforms. As part of a dynamic and exciting development centre, you will work with a variety of frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilising state-of-the-art software techniques.
The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Understand merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers.
Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification.
Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful on time - we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours.
Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate.
Develop systems using efficient, secure and clear code following industry and company standards.
Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data centres - the team is responsible for Requirements Analysis through to Release.
Be a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility, and supporting workplace ethics.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Some Understanding of both public and private cloud compute and networking stacks
- Experience in server-side product development with Java.
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas.
- Working knowledge of REST API design and implementation with Java
- Exposure to developing secure web-applications, preferably in a PCI-DSS setting.
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure.
- Some experience working with JPA2 and Hibernate
- Some experience with MySQL 5.7+ with InnoDB
- Exposure to JAX-RS & RESTEasy
- Salary up to £90k + 15% bonus (flexible for the right candidate)
- Excellent work-life balance / flexible working patterns
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Phil Gamble directly or send in your CV via the link below.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…