Exclusive to Vanrath
This is an amazing opportunity to join this Company's shared cloud platform development team and work on demanding, high-quality product features that will service our global client base using the latest cloud technologies and approaches. You will be blown back by how modern and clean the code base is (12 months old), you also benefit from a genuine remote first approach, half day fridays and an incredible team of Seniors/Leads to work with not to mention one of the best local benefits packages....Only 1 role left on this team so do not delay.
- Up to £55,000
- Half Day Friday
- Up to 19% pension (8% personal contribution)
- 12% Bonus
- 25 Days Annual leave plus Public Holidays
- Remote first and flexible working
- Private health Insurance - 100% premium paid
- Private dental insurance - 50% premium paid
- Life Insurance
Java 17, AWS + (Various cloud native technologies), Spring Boot, Cucumber.
- Develops and tests sophisticated software applications, services, and systems.
- Takes part in design evaluations.
- Communicates with team members who are both local and geographically dispersed.
- Participates in code/design reviews and peer-programming activities with other Software Engineers.
- Works with the feature lead to verify that specifications are met.
- Informs appropriate internal resources of design, reliability, and maintenance issues.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and producing technical remedies in the form of software patches for software faults are all responsibilities.
- Develops workaround solutions when product procedures fail and ensures that issues are fixed in a timely manner.
- Assigns serious problems that necessitate more in-depth expertise to relevant internal resources.
- A minimum of two years' experience developing software at scale is required.
- A thorough understanding of Agile working methods and methodologies, as well as at least one year of experience, is required.
- At least two years of experience with Java programming.
- Object Oriented analysis and design experience is required.
- It is preferable to have working understanding of and experience with cloud systems such as Amazon AWS.
- Prior experience designing microservices with Spring Boot is required.
- Prior experience deploying as Docker containers is preferred.
- It is preferable to have strong skill in either front end development technologies or designing REST-based web services.
Recent Google Review:
"Ben was a great help in getting me somewhere sorted. I was under a tight deadline, and he was able to take me from initial chat to offer within a week. The information provided on the company and process was enough for me to feel confident going in to every interview and it was an overall pleasant experience leading to a great offer. Strongly recommend Ben & Vanrath."
I recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. I'll support you through every step of the recruitment process, from an initial discussion of your goals and aspirations, to securing your new position, feel free to reach out ot me to discuss your current or upcoming interest in searching for new opportunities.