VANRATH are working with a global pioneer in cloud-native monetisation and revenue management software who work with over 60 telecom operators in 50+ countries. Our Client have had a presence in Belfast since 2021 and have grown the local operation to over 25 staff with plans in place to double in size over the next year. Belfast has been identified as the centre of excellence for this Global outfit and they currently have over 20 live roles for Java Developers across Intermediate , Senior and Principal Levels.
- Salary : £40-50K
- Bonus : 10%
- Pension : up to 10% employer contribution with 7% personal contribution.
- Leave : 25 days + 10 stats
- Health Insurance : Family cover with AXA ( Partner + Children)
- Life Insurance : 3x Salary
- Critical Illness Cover : 100K
- Income Protection : 75% of salary to retirement age if deemed unfit to work.
Your New Role :
- Evaluate specifications and create high-quality software solutions while adhering to established coding standards.
- Generate comprehensive documentation, including flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, metrics, and clear code comments.
- Gather, analyze, and summarize reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide valuable information.
- Initiate operational improvements within the team to promote best practices.
What are the necessary qualifications for success?
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of 2:1 grade.
- 2 to 4 years of industry experience in software development using Java (including Spring/Spring Boot, Microservice architectures, and REST/SOAP/CORBA).
- Proficiency in working with databases.
- Experience in conducting unit and integration tests.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in an Agile environment.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Cloud solutions (GCP, AWS, or Azure), DevOps practices, and infrastructure scaling using Containers (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Exposure to Telecom solutions (such as Protocol Handlers, OSS, BSS, Billing, Charging, CDR Mediation) would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in CICD, GIT, Jira, and Jenkins.
To discuss this opportunity or to have a chat about the wider Java market in Northern Ireland please contact Matthew Evers at VANRATH