Java software Architect (Fintech/Regtech) Hybrid role - brand new greenfield re-write - Java Spring, Kubernetes, AWS , CI/CD -
Salary up to £90k base+ 10% bonus + benefits.
EXCLUSIVE VANRATH Java Architect opportunity to join a safe and secure UK fintech business that have been in Belfast for over 10 years with a site of over 300 staff and Tech team of around 110.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in our clients exciting growth story as they continue to build the next generation of capabilities in an existing global product team.
The Java Architect is responsible for the design, implementation and governance of application architecture in accordance to Enterprise standards. The Architect will work with development and architecture teams to ensure application design decision making follows a defined process and is implemented in reference to the target IT architectural standards.
Greenfield re-write of an existing application in Java Spring, Kubernetes, Cloud Native, CI/CD and AWS.
Provide technical leadership across platforms; influence technical direction across the organisation ensuring all technology decisions satisfy both commercial and technical criteria
Partner with Technical Development Managers and Test Architects to support platform delivery by providing technical direction, refining strategy and growing understanding
Provide input and direction for system solutions to large, strategic, complex system development projects involving multiple platforms, distributed processing, multi-tier client server and web-based applications
Recommend technology innovations which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy
Review and ensure major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible, and in line with the strategic direction of the business
Influence the adoption and use of new techniques and technical practices and advocates continuous improvement
Assist Support, communicate and align technical skill development within the organisation
- Degree in a technology or mathematics discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Significant Enterprise systems development experience (Java, C# or similar OO stack)
- Experience of working in a cross technology environment
- Experience of designing and delivering service-based architecture and display a sound understanding of architectural and design principles
- Experience in Middleware solutions and associated Design Patterns
- Strong tech leadership
nice to haves:
- Recent data architecture and design experience
- Experience in analysing and migrating from legacy code based applications
- Experience of delivering business critical applications into the Cloud.
- Broad knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over the Counter (OTC) products
up to £90k base salary
10% bonus + other market leading benefits.
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Phil Gamble directly or send in your CV via the link below.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…