Long standing and secure UK software house
To attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience, plus a range of benefits including:
- Attractive base salary between £80-100k
- pension, life assurance and other marketing leading benefits.
Java Software Architect - (Long standing and secure UK software house)
VANRATH are excited to be recruiting for a high profile Uk software house that have had a footprint in Belfast for over 25 years.
Working as part of the project team, the Software Engineering Architect drives the technical strategy and delivery in the areas of Micro-Services, SaaS, Multi-tenant, heterogeneous datastores, and CI/CD.
The successful candidate will be technically designing our clients product suite and will have experience of deploying to cloud environments and will need to show an understanding of functional programming experience.
Design and implement SaaS solutions within AWS, providing technical guidance to developers & operations.
Engage in senior management discussions and present the solutions from both a technical and business perspective.
Define and implement migration strategies from on-premises to the Public Cloud.
The successful candidate will be fully responsible for ensuring that the software architecture on the project is carried out effectively, according to guidelines and best modern software engineering practices. The software engineering architect should be able to understand and interpret inputs from a wide variety of sources.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Product owner translating business requirements into solutions design. You will need to have a good understanding of the entire application architecture including the tech stack, agile processes, back end, database and cloud & containerisation technologies working closely with the technical development teams.
Must should be able to break down and present architectural solutions to a variety of audiences - business stakeholders, management, and development teams.
SOA and migration to micros-service design patterns.
The ideal person
In-depth working experience with a few of the following areas is a must
- JSF, Angular, Maven
- Azure DevOps/GIT
- AWS Platform Services
- Docker, AWS Kubernetes Services, ECR
- Helm/ Kustomize
- Cloud migrations, e.g. on prem to AWS, etc.
- Unix systems operation and administration.
- Automation: experienced in some or all of the following; Python/Ruby/Bash/PowerShell or similar.
- Designing resilient Cloud architectures, e.g. auto scaling, multi region deployment, etc.
- Experience with securing AWS environments in the area of identity & access management, threat detection, infrastructure protection, compliance & data protection.
- Databases (Oracle)
- Experience of high volume, low latency, asynchronous systems.
- Knowledge of design patterns covering micro-services, multi-tenancy, cloud & containerisation.
- Experience of infrastructure as code and supporting tools such as Terraform etc.
- Experience designing components within good CI/CD delivery methods & processes.
- Experience with databases, in particular Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience of Java / Java EE
Ideally my client are looking for someone with Scala experience but will consider candidates with a min of 8 years Java experience (Enterprise Java).
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Java or Architect job in Belfast or the wider Irish market, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.