VANRATH are delighted to be working closely with a leading public body organisation to appoint an ICT Support Officer on a permanent basis.
The successful post holder will provide a 2nd / 3rd line support via the ICT service desk. Deploy, configure and maintain infrastructure, line of business applications and hardware within the organisation network
Starting Salary of £28,000 - £32,000per annum, Generous Holiday Package and Pension Scheme included.
One of the largest independent housing associations in Northern Ireland. They work hard for their customers, developing new homes that are urgently needed and delivering high quality services, while providing value for money. Their work creates sustainable, thriving neighbourhoods.
The Ideal Person
- Previous experience in a 2nd line role for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience of hosted cloud configuration, administration and licensing - preferably Microsoft Azure;
- Previous experience in the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2016 and above;
- Previous experience with Windows Virtual Desktop or similar;
- Active directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy;
- Windows 10 Operating Systems;
- PC, Server and networking hardware technical knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Technologies - in particular cloud firewalls, FSLogix, Azure VPN client
- Full driving license & Access to Own Transport
- 2nd / 3rd Line End User Support
- Diagnose, resolve and document issues escalated via the ICT Service Desk.
- Under direction of the Service Delivery Manager investigate the root cause of problems, document, and communicate any identified fixes to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to investigate and resolve issues escalated to problem management.
- Configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Azure subscription - including but not limited to servers, networking, WVD, FSLogix, security policies etc
- Become a main contact point for 3rd party application suppliers and assist in the upgrade, deployment and/or troubleshooting of line of business applications
- Deploy and configure new hardware within the organisation including end user devices, servers, network equipment etc
- Regular reviews of firewall and switch configurations to ensure cyber security posture of the association remains high
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence. Peter.Brittain@vanrath.com or 02890330250
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
VANRATH recruits across a diverse range of sectors including:
- Accountancy & Finance
- Built Environment
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- Public Sector
- Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain and Procurement
We recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. We will support you through every step of the recruitment process, from an initial discussion of your goals and aspirations, to the security of your new position.
Our consultants are sector specific and have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, their respective fields. Put simply, they are the best in the business! We continually monitor trends and developments within the market to ensure we provide the very highest quality advice and
support to our clients and candidates.