This is an exciting and challenging role which will provide the opportunity to be part of a team dedicated to the receipt, evaluation, scheduling, installation & validation of Security related software patches for all College systems to ensure that our systems are as best protected against cyber-attack as possible. This is a temporary ongoing position.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of £24,000 plus holiday & pension.
The client is the the main provider of higher and further education and training across a diverse catchment area serving a population of over 429,000 from our campuses in Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Magherafelt and Newtownabbey. We provide students with a life-changing, supportive and innovative experience; equipping them with the skills to compete successfully in the global workplace and meet the needs of local industry and employers.
The Ideal Person
As the IT Support - Patching Analyst, you will deliver a secure service in relation to IT Security patching operations across the entire College estate, through adherence to the relevant College and legislative guidelines, policies and procedures. Skillset required;
- Level 3 or higher qualification in IT/Computing
- Proven experience in an IT Support or Service Desk role.
- Desirable Experience of security patching of IT Equipment - PCs, laptops, servers, etc. to the requirements of recognized standards: Cyber Essentials, COBIT, or ISO 27001.
- ITIL Certification Desirable
- Ability to travel between all sites and willingness to work out of hours or weekends on occasions to meet the patching schedule agreed between IT & the Business
As the IT Support - Patching Analyst, you will;
- As part of the newly created Security function, participate in the development, documentation, tooling & implementation of Patching processes in compliance with Cyber Essentials accreditation & the requirements of the College;
- Ensuring that documented security patching processes are adhered to from both a quality & timeliness perspective, & that accurate, mandatory records are maintained to demonstrate compliance across the College IT Estate;
- Use of desktop deployment software, anti-virus software, patching software, monitoring software, filtering software;
- Maintaining current awareness of technology and related security/industry issues;
- Highlighting any process improvement opportunities in relation to Security patching including possible technology advances that might improve deployment;
- Attending training courses as are considered appropriate to the post;
- Use of the College IT Service Desk tool where necessary following the relevant procedures for its use;
- Liaising with other IT staff in the College.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.