Are you experienced IT Support staff looking for a new opportunity within a new sector? Are you interested in working with one of Northern Irelands largest Public Sector bodies in their IT Support Service?
c£23,500 + Holiday Pay & Pension
The client responsible for ensuring that efficient and effective primary and secondary education services are available to meet the needs of children and young people, and support for the provision of efficient and effective youth services.
The Ideal Person
The ideal candidate will provide support to staff through resolution of IT Service desk calls and any other support duties required in the Education Authority's ICT Support Service. The skillset required;
- Experience of using standard MSOffice/MS365 suite eg Word, Excel
- Experience of Win10
- Able to carry equipment eg computers, monitors, small printers etc.
- Use of a vehicle to visit sites and work in other ICT offices across EA as and when required.
- Willingness to learn, able to follow instructions and complete tasks to timescale.
- Experience of setting up and supporting computers in a work environment & any previous service desk experience - Desirable
As the ICT Support Officer, you will:
- Log IT Service desk calls from users, assist with resolution where possible or assign & escalate to the most suitable IT officer. Complete any service desk calls as assigned from 2nd line service desk operators.
- Assist with setup and issue of replacement computers or computers for new staff.
- Assist with relocation of computer systems as required between offices.
- Assist with update and maintenance of users and computers on Active Directory
- Assist with organising and facilitating the disposal scheme and secure scrappage.
- Visit sites and work in other ICT offices to provide IT support when required.
- To carry out any required daily administration duties.
- Any other duties as required by the ICT Support Service.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.