Do you have proven experience as an IT support technician? Are you looking for a step into the charity sector?
We are offer a remuneration package for this position of c£24,045 - £26,026 plus Holiday & Pension
The client actively promotes the mental health and well-being of people in Northern Ireland. The client is multi-faceted, offering myriad services. Integral to the organisation is its nine sites, dotted across Northern Ireland, where service users benefit from a variety of personal development, vocational skills and employability training options including accredited qualifications and work placements. A variety of resilience-building techniques are also pivotal to our range of services delivered to school children and young people in further and higher education.
The Ideal Person
The purpose of this post is to provide technical IT support to staff and management to help them resolve software and hardware problems with desktop, PCs, laptops, servers, firewall, routers and switches
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows 8 and 10, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 or later
- Configuration and troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
- Proven ability to effectively support and work as a member of team to deliver IT solutions
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework
- Knowledge of Networking Security standards
- Must have driving license and access to vehicle
Please note the successful candidate will have to undergo an Enhanced AccessNI check
The IT Support Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Support all staff in regard to current AMH IT systems;
- Support existing servers running vmware 6.7 and Windows Server 2019
- Rebuild PC's for recycling with new staff;
- Support the I.T. Manager with regard to network installation and troubleshooting;
- Ensure the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus and encryption software, print services and email provision;
- Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack;
- To routinely test the backup and restore applications for servers, databases.
- To support maintenance and further development of the AMH intranet site.
- Work as part of a I.T. helpdesk facility to provide end users with appropriate I.T. support and advice;
A bit about me:
I have been recruiting in the Belfast market for the past 3 years, helping Public Sector, HSCNI and NFP organisations hire Project Management & IT Specialists.
At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible organisations and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for one of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"5 stars to VANRATH and Peter Brittain!
Something that struck me was Peter's diligence to find a role that would suit my experience. Peter showed great professionalism, work ethic and we struck it off from day one on the phone with his friendly can do attitude. I would highly recommend getting in touch with Peter and VANRATH if you are looking to take that next step in your career or are looking a change!"
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.