Have you got experience with Active Directory, MS SQL, Server Management, SAN Storage? Please keep reading!
Would you like to assist the IT Systems Manager in the design and development of the College's overall server and cloud architectures and be responsible for the day to day management, maintenance and support of the College's server and cloud infrastructures? This is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to new technologies.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of c£31,243 per annum plus holiday pay and pension.
Our client is the the main provider of higher and further education and training across a diverse catchment area serving a population of over 429,000 from our campuses in Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Magherafelt and Newtownabbey.
The Ideal Person
As the IT Server Officer, you will be an intergal part of the team, developing and maintaining the College server and cloud infrastructures to support the objectives of the IT Team in delivering organisation wide business services Skillset required;
- Proven experience in an IT Systems Server support and maintenance role
- Demonstrable experience of server system support gained within a multi-site IT service environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server services within a multi-site IT service environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, MS SQL Server Services within a multi-site IT service environment
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of server system backup and recovery.
As the IT Server Officer, you will;
- Ensure that all changes to College server and cloud systems are done accordingly
- Responsible for the configuration, management and maintenance of the College's server and cloud systems in accordance with College requirements and agreed service levels - server and cloud systems to include, but not be limited to:
- Physical and virtual server systems both Windows and Linux based
- VMWare and Hyper-V virtual environments
- Storage SAN and NAS systems
- Storage network switches
- Cloud based infrastructures, including Office 365, Azure, etc.
- Database Solutions
- Application Services
- Data Backup/Archive Systems
- MS Windows services, e.g. Active Directory, Print Management, Group Policy Management, Web Services, etc.
- Federation Services
- Automatic Image and Software Deployment systems
- System & Network Security Systems
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT public sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.