Position: IT Server Engineer
Location: Ballymena or Newtownabbey
Working Approach: Hybrid Approach
This is an exciting position which will provide the opportunity to assist the IT Systems Manager in the design and development of the College's overall server and cloud architectures and be responsible for the day-to-day management, maintenance and support of the College's server and cloud infrastructures. This post can be based in either Ballymena or Newtownabbey.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of between £33,820 and £36,298 per annum plus holiday pay and pension.
The client is the the main provider of higher and further education and training across a diverse catchment area serving a population of over 429,000 from our campuses in Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Magherafelt and Newtownabbey. They provide students with a life-changing, supportive and innovative experience; equipping them with the skills to compete successfully in the global workplace and meet the needs of local industry and employers.
The Ideal Person
As the IT Senior Server Officer, you will play a key role in the development and maintenance of the College server and cloud infrastructures to support the objectives of the IT Team in delivering organisation wide business services Skillset required;
- Proven experience in an IT Systems Server support and maintenance role
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server services within a multi-site IT service environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, VMware or Hyper-V virtualisation, MS SQL Server Services within a multi-site IT service environment.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of server system backup and recovery.
- Access to car and driving licence required
As the IT Senior Server Officer, you will;
- Ensure that all changes to College server and cloud systems are carried out in accordance with the relevant change management policy and process.
- Responsible for the configuration, management and maintenance of the College's server and cloud systems in accordance with College requirements and agreed service levels - server and cloud systems to include, but not be limited to:
- Physical and virtual server systems both Windows and Linux based
- VMWare and Hyper-V virtual environments
- Storage SAN and NAS systems
- Cloud based infrastructures, including Office 365, Azure, etc.
- Data Backup/Archive Systems
- MS Windows services, e.g. Active Directory, Print Management, Group Policy Management, Web Services, etc.
- Support the IT Systems Manager in the development and maintenance of accurate asset inventories for server equipment.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Caitlin Scollan in the strictest confidence by email of Caitlin.Scollan@vanrath.com or 02890330250.
Who are we as an organisation?
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
VANRATH recruits across a diverse range of sectors including:
- Accountancy & Finance
- Built Environment
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- Public Sector
- Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain and Procurement
We recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. We will support you through every step of the recruitment process, from an initial discussion of your goals and aspirations, to the security of your new position.
Our consultants are sector specific and have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, their respective fields. Put simply, they are the best in the business! We continually monitor trends and developments within the market to ensure we provide the very highest quality advice and
support to our clients and candidates.