This is an exciting opportunity to assist the IT Systems Manager in the design and development of the College's overall network architecture and be responsible for the day to day management, maintenance and support of the College's network infrastructure and its links with other networks.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of £31,895 per annum.
The client is the main provider of higher and further education and training across a diverse catchment area serving a population of over 429,000 from our campuses in Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Magherafelt and Newtownabbey. We provide students with a life-changing, supportive and innovative experience; equipping them with the skills to compete successfully in the global workplace and meet the needs of local industry and employers.
The Ideal Person
As an IT Senior Network Officer, you will play a key role in the ongoing development and maintenance of the College network and network components to support the objectives of the IT Team in delivering organization wide business services.. Skillset required;
- Previous experience in the area of IT networking, telephony support or maintenance
- Demonstrable experience of data networking gained within a multi-site IT service environment
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Ethernet switches and routing protocols.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of network security equipment and system maintenance.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of CISCO and/or HP networking and Microsoft network services within a multi-site IT service environment.
As the IT Senior Network Officer, you will;
- To ensure that all changes to College network and communication systems are carried out in accordance with the relevant change management policy and process.
- Responsible for the configuration, management and maintenance of the College's network and communication systems in accordance with College requirements and agreed service levels
- Responsible for the delivery of projects to pilot, develop and implement new network systems as directed by the IT Systems Manager
- To install, configure and test both hardware and software for network use, ensuring that all such work is in keeping with the strategic development of the College network
- To support and lead on the smooth introduction of new network solutions to the IT Service Delivery function ensuring that appropriate service levels are agreed, and that the IT Service Delivery staff are able to fulfil their responsibilities safely and effectively
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.