This exceptional opportunity has presented itself for an experienced IT Project Manager based in NI. The individual will take charge of small-scale projects characterised by limited complexity. This role demands self-reliance and proficiency in application, with a project budget exceeding £500k.
The prime responsibility of the Project Manager is to ensure the project delivers the required products within specified tolerances, encompassing time, cost, quality, scope, benefits, and risk. Additionally, they are accountable for producing results that align with the benefits outlined in the business case.
- Competitive salary: Up to £60k
- Hybrid/Remote working model
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Competitive annual leave + option to buy more scheme
- Health & Medical
- Access to Employee Network Groups
- Company-matched pension contributions, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks of fully paid maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, and a host of additional benefits.
In this role, the Project Manager will undertake the following responsibilities:
Preparation of baseline management products in collaboration with project assurance roles, and obtaining agreement from the Lead or Senior Project Manager.Management of information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project.
Overseeing the production of required products while assuming responsibility for overall progress and resource utilisation. Initiating corrective actions when necessary.
Establishment and management of project procedures, including risk management, issue management, change control, and communication.
Scheduling audits to verify the consistency of physical products with configuration item records, and initiating corrective measures as needed.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Strong project management experience.
- Prince 2 certification or equivalent.
- Prior experience in delivering infrastructure and networking projects.
- Preferably, a background in the rail industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of information technology, including desktop, hardware, printers, LAN, and WAN.
- Proficiency in techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling programs.
- Competence in business case development and approvals.
- Understanding of the procurement process, including negotiations with third parties.
- Familiarity with budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Demonstrated seniority and credibility to provide guidance to project teams within the program.
- Problem-solving and pre-emptive problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Familiarity with program and project management methodologies, including MSP, PRINCE2, and Agile.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to command respect and foster a sense of community within project teams.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Project Manager job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Sean Doherty in the strictest confidence.
Some of my recent testimonials:
"I had a great experience working with Vanrath. Sean Doherty was great to work with and his communication and attentiveness was very helpful throughout the experience. Even after turning down a job offer attained through Vanrath, as I didn't feel it was the right career choice for me, Sean was great at insuring that the next vacancies he sent me where much more aligned with my interest. I would highly recommend using Vanrath."
"I very much enjoyed my experience with VANRATH. Sean Doherty was great to work with, very friendly and efficient, he streamlined everything for me, so I had the least amount of stress as I went in for interviews. Looking forward to starting in my new role, thanks Sean!"