IT Project Manager - Local Authority- System Implementation- £50K
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting an IT Project Manager for a large Local Authority. Reporting into IT Service Manager, this is an urgent start for an initial duration of 12 months. This is an immediate requirement, and the successful candidate will be available to start as soon as possible. The project is implementing a new corporate asset management system that interfaces with existing finance and HR system.
Up to £50,000, plus pension, holiday pay and discount benefits.
- Lead and co-ordinate the procurement and implementation of the multiple projects across IT Services within defined timescales and budget
- Oversee assigned project implementation activities, managing both business and IT personnel through the delivery phase.
- Review, finalise and progress the Project Initiation Document (PID) and the Statement of Requirements, ensuring that the PID is updated by the Project Board.
- Report on progress against agreed timescales, costs etc. and will also manage any issues which may arise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Project Planning, including test plans, cut-over plans and training plans
- Ensure all project plans, milestones and dependencies are properly identified for all phases of the project and achieved within agreed timescales.
- Prepare project documentation and checkpoint reports/briefings for the IT Programme Board and facilitate Project Board Meetings, raising concerns with the Board where required.
- To work closely with Team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include preparing status and RAID reports, and establishing effective communication plan
- Define project resource requirements to meet the projects' objectives
- Provide guidance and direction to members of the project team
- Allocate work packages to the project team
- To contribute to the preparation of ICT business cases for Programme Board approval
- Work closely with the IT Manager to ensure that all project deliverables conform to the capital investment programme framework.
- Undertake any other duties which from time to time may be required by the IT Programme Board
- To deputise for the IT Manager and Portfolio Manager as appropriate.
- To procure, manage and monitor third party service delivery agents and their contracts to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects and expenditure. Including preparation of business cases to support and deliver relevant elements of the corporate strategic programme as required.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the IT Services and wider Portfolio Office, the Project Management Board, and other key stakeholders to fully manage and understand dependencies across different departments within the respective projects.
- To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in relation to the relevant services and activities.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
- In consultation with Programme Co-ordinator and Human Resources participate in recruitment and training in accordance with Council strategies and policies.
- Assume additional duties as reasonably determined by the IT Manager and participate in interchange of duties to cover for sickness, annual leave and staff vacancies
- A University Degree or a recognised equivalent educational /professional qualification in an ICT discipline and a minimum of three years' experience in an ICT project environment.
Or a minimum of 5 years' experience in an ICT project environment.
- Prince2 Practitioner qualified or equivalent ICT project Management qualification.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT PM jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.