Business Analyst- Public Sector
VANRATH are recruiting a Business Analyst for a large Education focused organisation. This assignment is supporting on a major project that involves, establishing requirements across the organisation for core system implementation projects. Reporting into the Senior Manager, this is a full time post 36 hours per week, this role will be suited to an aspiring Business Analyst looking for an ideal opportunity to enter Northern Ireland's Public Sector.
The client is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective primary and secondary education services are available to meet the needs of children and young people, and providing support for the provision of efficient and effective youth services.
- Responsible for producing and reviewing complex technical data and documentation such as system specifications, technical reports, data flow diagrams
- Responsible for sourcing, defining and managing requirements: engaging with users and stakeholders to gather requirements and assign priorities
- Work with users and stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the current service and how the future service will look
- Act as a 'translator' between technical and non-technical staff in relation to presentation of and documentation of requirements and processes.
- Analysis of current services and processes to identify and implement opportunities for optimisation using tools such as gap analysis
- Definition of new business models across multiple business functions
- Responsible for business process testing to create test cases which are traceable back to requirements
- To maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external, maintaining appropriate communication networks and presenting a professional image at all times.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade that may be assigned from time to time by senior officers.
- Undertake occasional travel to Trust, DoH and Supplier sites within NI
The Ideal Person:
- Degree/HND in ICT or related discipline with 3 years relevant experience in an IT environment OR 5 years relevant experience in an IT environment.
- Ability to gain user requirements and suggest solutions at a level of detail that the recipient can understand. This ranges from an individual level to giving presentations to large groups of multidisciplinary stakeholders where intricate and/or technical information has to be explained to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to produce and review complex technical documentation e.g. system specifications, technical reports, data flow diagrams, new business models.
- Ability to source, define and manage requirements e.g. engagement with users and stakeholders to gather business requirements and determine prioritisation
- Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner;
- Definition of test conditions and analysis and reporting of test activities and results
- Identification of opportunities to optimise services and processes
- Knowledge of the structure and key business of Health & Social Care
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
The hourly rate for this role is £21.25ph (plus holiday pay and pension from day one)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary contract IT Business Analyst job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.