Internal Auditor (Public Sector)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for an Internal Auditor on behalf of our client based in Belfast City Centre, who operate within the Health Service. This is a 12 month contract opportunity initially that requires someone with demonstrable experience in a similar post, who has an interest in joining one of the larger public sector bodies in Northern Ireland. The role offers a chance of a permanent position inside the 12 month placement.
The role of the Internal Auditor is to assess the controls business areas have established to manage key risks to help ensure business objectives are achieved.
· To be the Lead Auditor on: a broad range of risk-based audit assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature; verifications of controls assurance standards; and a broad range of routine audit assignments.
· Develops and leads the execution of risk-based audit programmes.
· Obtains robust information and data from a range of client systems and through interviews with key client staff and perform detailed analysis of the data to inform judgements on adequacy of systems of internal control.
· Drafts high quality, value adding audit reports for client senior management, Directors and Audit Committees that include an audit opinion and practicable recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment.
· Takes extensive responsibility for the operational management of allocated audit plans in support of the Audit Manager.
· Assists the Audit Manager in drafting audit assignment plans.
· To direct, supervise and advise audit staff on a day-to-day basis, during each audit assignment
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
For further information on this vacancy, or any other finance or accountancy jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…