Are you looking to make your next career move and get involved in a hugely innovative global tech company that is recognised as playing a vital role within the world's financial markets? This might be the ideal role for you! This a great opportunity to get amazing exposure and training in a huge variety of Applications, within one of the best teams within their sector.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a huge range of flexible benefits including:
- Private Medical Cover Package
- Great Pension Scheme
- Great Holiday Package + Flexible time off
- Hybrid working model on-going
Our client is one of the most successful and leading companies within the financial technology sector and innovation. They are continuously innovating to solve the most complex professional challenges and enabling better business outcomes. Our clients aim through this role is to provide top tier client support. You will be joining a highly adaptable and self-motivated team of employees, implementing and supporting their internal applications.
You will gain hands-on experience within their internal product suite which will in turn draw upon their problem solving, critical thinking and technical skills to analyse and resolve customer challenges. This exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful team charged with implementation and support of s huge variety of systems, their training and exposure to various application stacks is second to none.
With continued expansion and team development plans over the next few years they are keen to secure the very best Application Support talent and have gained a fantastic reputation in terms of helping employees maximise and develop their skills in different areas of expertise across a wide variety of work.
The Ideal Person
If you've 2+ years' experience working in a Technical Support/ Application Support environment and you're looking for an exciting new opportunity:
- The ideal candidate will focus on production implementation and support based on standard practices and documentation.
- Some experience with SQL language and Databases (Desirable)
- Power user knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of JIRA or ServiceNow ticketing systems.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, peers, subordinates and clients
- Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
As an Application Support Engineer, you will:
- Act as escalation point from first line support that troubleshoots problems by responding to daily client application trouble call request. Provide higher level deep dive analysis to that of first line counterparts.
- Monitor and administration to all trading application platforms and the performance of systems environments.
- Writes scripts using PowerShell, Perl, SQL to automate installation, monitoring and gathering of relevant data that serve as tools to check the health of the system.
- Creates documentation that describes application setup and procedure on how to accomplish certain tasks.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Erin O'Kane in the strictest confidence.