VANRATH are delighted to be working closely with a global law firm on appointing an Infrastructure Technical Team for an initial 6months FTC.
The Global Service Management team is accountable for maintaining and upgrading current infrastructure and applications. This includes responsibility for waterfall delivery, as well building and running activities for infrastructure and application projects, whilst being responsible for process improvement whilst ensuring service management is efficient and reliable.
What you will do
The Technical Team Lead is accountable for implementing strategy, architecture, standards and roadmaps in the following areas:
- Access layer - including the Citrix access layer and associated ecosystem e.g. Storefront server, provisioning server and Citrix terminal servers;
- Virtualisation - including a platform to include all tiers of applications;
- Data layer - including the compute and storage resources used to provide data services;
- Cloud Hosting - including developing and maintaining best practices to deploy and implement hosted applications within our chosen cloud platforms (Azure/AWS).
The role involves
- Providing a single point of technical leadership on projects (including SIPs and SEs) for technical delivery, leading the technical decision-making.
- Ensuring that services are effectively delivered, understood and supported so that they fulfil business needs.
- Team management duties.
- Ensuring all relevant training provided to team members.
- Working with the Relationship Managers & IT colleagues to ensure the most cost effective, timely & appropriate IT solutions are developed to fulfil the commercial and business requirements.
- Providing specialist advice to support the strategy, architecture, standards and roadmaps
- Ensuring there is an up to date forward view of IT upgrades required to ensure that infrastructure continues to meet the business needs and that they remain supportable.
- Embedding continuous improvement and leading by example;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction levels are maintained and reflect business requirements.
- Diagnosing complex incidents/problems and identifying root cause and actions required to maintain or improve service levels:
- Developing implementation plans for dealing with more complex requests for change; evaluate risks to the integrity of the service inherent in proposed implementations; seek authority for those activities; and undertake review of effectiveness of change implementation.
- Defining and delivering continuous improvement programmes
- Providing advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
- Maintaining a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organisation sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
- Ensuring that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed as defined by Supplier Management Framework.
- Embedding risk awareness and management into the technical decision making in order to support Allen & Overy's approach to risk with a focus on stability and integrity of systems.
- Audits and risk assessments as directed by senior IT management.
- Facilitating improvements to processes by changing approaches and using industry best practices
- Providing advice on the application of appropriate quality and/or environmental management techniques.
- Responsibility for the control, update and distribution of quality standards and advice on their use.
- Providing advice to management on ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their control mechanisms.
What you will have
- Excellent all-round technology knowledge and practical experience of the majority of technologies within this discipline.
- Detailed practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and services within a Microsoft technology on-prem and cloud environments.
- Expected to have a solid understanding of cloud platforms and technologies.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience, with at least 3 years' experience in a 2nd/3rd line role supporting a number of the technologies listed in this job description.
- Proven track record in providing technical leadership and delivering enterprise wide solutions.
- Experience working within the professional services sector with an appreciation of the demands placed on support teams by the business.
- Minimum "A" level standard education.
- Accreditation in relevant technologies - preferred.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"