VANRATH are assisting a multinational law firm with the recruitment of an Infrastructure Technical Team Lead
The Global Service Management team is accountable for maintaining and upgrading current infrastructure and applications. This includes responsibility for waterfall delivery, as well as build and run activities for infrastructure and application projects, and is responsible for process improvement whilst ensuring service management is efficient and reliable.
The Technical Team Lead is accountable for implementing the organisation wide strategy, architecture, standards and roadmaps in the following areas:
- Access layer - including the Citrix access layer and associated ecosystem e.g. Storefront server, provisioning server and Citrix terminal servers;
- Virtualisation - including a platform to include all tiers of applications;
- Data layer - including the compute and storage resources used to provide data services;
- Cloud Hosting - including developing and maintaining best practices to deploy and implement hosted applications within our chosen cloud platforms (Azure/AWS).
This is a Fixed Term Contract of 6 Months. Initially this role will be working from home based.
£48,000 - £65,000 + Additional Excellent Benefits from a major Multinational Firm (Industry leading benefits)
- Providing a single point of technical leadership on projects (including SIPs and SEs) for technical delivery, leading the technical decision-making.
- Ensuring that services are effectively delivered, understood, and supported so that they fulfil business needs.
- Team management duties.
- Ensuring all relevant training provided to team members.
- Working with the Relationship Managers & IT colleagues to ensure the most cost effective, timely & appropriate IT solutions are developed to fulfil the commercial and business requirements.
- Providing specialist advice to support the strategy, architecture, standards and roadmaps
- Ensuring there is an up to date forward view of IT upgrades required to ensure that infrastructure continues to meet the business needs and that they remain supportable.
- Embedding continuous improvement and leading by example;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction levels are maintained and reflect business requirements.
- Diagnosing complex incidents/problems and identifying root cause and actions required to maintain or improve service levels:
- Developing implementation plans for dealing with more complex requests for change; evaluate risks to the integrity of the service inherent in proposed implementations; seek authority for those activities; and undertake review of effectiveness of change implementation.
- Defining and delivering continuous improvement programmes
- Providing advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
- Maintaining a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organisation sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
- Ensuring that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed as defined by Supplier Management Framework.
- Detailed practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and services within a Microsoft technology on-prem and cloud environments.
- Expected to have a solid understanding of cloud platforms and technologies.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience, with at least 3 years' experience in a 2nd/3rd line role supporting a number of the technologies listed in this job description.
- Proven track record in providing technical leadership and delivering enterprise wide solutions.
- Experience working within the professional services sector with an appreciation of the demands placed on support teams by the business.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary contract IT/PM job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.