ICT SERVICE DESK OFFICER
VANRATH are delighted to be hiring an experienced ICT Service Desk Officer to work for one of Northern Ireland's largest public sector bodies.
The role is full-time for 6 months, with a high chance of extension.
- Resolution of IT Service desk calls. Assessing the call and using problem solving skills to resolve the issue for the user or where necessary assign or escalate the call to the most suitable IT officer.
- Setup and issue of replacement computers or computers to new staff including installation of any required software.
- Assist with relocation of computer systems as required between offices.
- Update and maintain users and computers on Active Directory and assets on KACE.
- Identify and organise re-deploy-able computers for disposal scheme or defunct computers for secure scrappage.
- Check backups of critical systems daily and maintain the accompanying register.
- Assist with the design, review and update of IT Support Service procedures and forms.
- Liaise with various external maintenance contractors.
- Monitor systems to ensure most efficient operation.
- Test and evaluate software as required.
- To carry out any required daily administration duties.
- Any other duties as required by the ICT Support Service.
-Experience of using standard MSOffice/MS365 suite eg Word, Excel
-Experience of using Windows 10 in a work environment.
-Experience of setting up and supporting computers in a work environment.
-Excellent IT problem solving skills.
-The applicant must have good communication skills.
-Use of a vehicle to visit sites and work in other ICT offices across EA as and when required.
-Able to carry equipment eg computers, monitors, small printers etc.
-Previous IT Service desk experience.
£21,000 + Holiday Pay + Pension
For more information on IT or Project Management contract roles across the public sector, please contact Shannon McKinley in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on Linkedin for carreer advice, job opportunities and much more!