VANRATH are working alongside our client, a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their recruitment of a Human Resources Business Partner to join their already well-established team on a temporary basis. This role offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
To provide a confidential, effective employee relations and business partner resource to (an) assigned department(s)/directorate(s) and location(s) across a range of people management and employee relations issues, including recruitment, discipline and grievance; attendance management; dignity at work and capability.
To contribute as an integral member of the HR department to the provision of a modern, professional high quality and responsive HR service to support the corporate and business plans of the Organisation.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. To provide proactive specialist advice, knowledge and support to managers within an assigned directorate, geographical or other area in relation to the effective application of HR policies, procedures, terms and conditions across a range of national agreements, employment law and HR best practice.
2. To provide generalist HR advice to managers on the interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures and support the implementation of appropriate procedures and processes, including grievance, discipline, attendance management, dignity at work and capability.
3. To ensure co-ordination and consistency of advice between all HR business partners through regular liaison and exchange of ideas and best practice.
4. To ensure effective working relationships with key stakeholders such as directors, managers and representative bodies.
5. To promote equality and diversity within the organisation and particularly, in the post's assigned area(s) by adhering to the organisations equal opportunity policies and procedures and by ensuring that allocated targets to reduce inequalities and promote good relations are achieved.
6. To develop and implement HR solutions through early intervention and prevention drawing on the benefits of engagement, communication, mediation and other solutions to reach the best outcome; ensuring compliance and the risk to the organisation is managed and mitigated.
7. To act as counter signatory for the completion of criminal checks by applying for and receiving disclosure certificates through AccessNI, ensuring that access to Disclosure and the information they contain is managed in accordance with AccessNI guidelines.
8. To ensure the central co-ordination and management of all employee relations cases both internal and external to the organisation, including confidential recording and archiving and the retention of full case notes.
The Ideal Person
Essential Shortlisting Criteria
Actively undertaking or have achieved Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
A minimum of 12 month's recent experience as a HR practitioner in a generalist role to include taking the lead role in:
- Resolving complex employee relations issues
- Managing attendance and associated processes
- Managing recruitment and selection
Demonstrable experience of:
- Building strong working relationships with employees and employee representatives
- Providing expert advice and guidance to management, employees and junior members of the HR team on legislation, codes of practice, policy and best practice
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Public Sector Organisation with a salary of £31,895 - £34,373 on offer. This role also offers a hybrid working approach
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…