HSCNI- Band 8a Project Manager
-NIGEAE experience desirable
BAND 8a £24.10ph, plus holiday pay, pension and discount benefits.
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a BAND 8A Project Development/ Implementation Manager (HSCNI). This Project Manager role will run initially for 6 months (with possibility of extension). This role will need an experienced candidate who has a demonstrable track record of duties outline below.
This is an immediate requirement, and the successful candidate will be available to start as soon as possible in the new year, there is real scope to use this as a way into an HSCNI organisation creating real potential to become a permanent member of staff.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a new transformation team, in a large HSCNI organisation and you will have an important role influencing service delivery, policy development and organisational change.
- Business Case Development- Developing business cases for keys projects to the standards as set out by The Northern Ireland Guide to Expenditure Appraisal and Evaluation (NIGEAE) for external approval by DOH and DOF
- Project Implementation-Managing the development and implementation of project plans to achieve project deliverables using relevant project methodologies.
- Development and Innovation- In the context of project and business case development, identify opportunities for further innovations that challenge the status quo and improve efficiencies and effectiveness for the benefit of the organisation and any wider impacts
- Benefits Management- Overseeing benefits realisation activities associated with the investment in relevant projects co-ordinating with project teams for the development of suitable benefits management tools.
- Risk Managament- Leading on the development, implementation and maintenance of risk management processes and procedures in relation to all aspects of the project(s) ensuring compliance with Risk Management Policy and other associated policies.
- Training-Planning, with the project team, the roll out and co-ordination of training for new processes, clinical and operational including applicable IT systems associated with relevant projects ensuring financial resources and operational requirements have been taken into account
Communication Management- Developing, managing and maintaining excellent working relationships and communications with all stakeholders, both within the organisation, key partners and within the wider HSC network acting as a key communicator and champion for relevant projects.
- Project(s) Assurance-Maintaining quality project documentation and updates of same, to provide an audit trail supporting project life cycles and providing project assurances making use of effective project management methodologies and tools as appropriate.
- Financial Management-Ensuring that financial profiles are fully costed within a business case to provide project resources inclusive of any optimism bias to mitigate financial risks.
The Ideal Person:
You should be able to clearly demonstrate
- Holding a relevant project management qualification such as Prince2 or Managing Successful Programmes
- Management of a range of successful projects using a recognised methodology from initiation to benefits realisation.
- Evidence of writing approved business cases.
- Evidence of ability to research, collate, interpret and analyse complex information to develop business cases to bring a project from initial concept through to development and implementation.
- Having worked with a diverse range of stakeholders to influence and negotiate on challenging deadlines and service changes in order to achieve successful outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding the Northern Ireland Guide to Expenditure and Appraisal (NIGEAE).
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Health Sector IT Project Manager job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…