Telecoms Engineer/ £27K/Knockbracken
Are you an experienced ICT Technician looking for a new opportunity? Are you interested to look at progressing your career within the NI Public Sector?
This role is in line with the HSCNI Bandings, at Band 5 (£27,000)
The client exists to improve the health and well-being of the people of Northern Ireland. We apply the highest levels of knowledge and skill to preserve life, prevent deterioration and promote recovery. We touch lives at times of basic human need, when care and compassion are what matter most. The Client provides high quality emergency, urgent and primary care services throughout the whole of Northern Ireland.
The Ideal Person
The ideal candidate will manage the ICT technical support staff and will be responsible for providing Technical support and Advice to the ICT desktop support team and Trust staff. be responsible for managing ICT Support Services, to include the management of the support and delivery of an extensive range of ICT systems throughout the Trust. In addition, he/she will contribute to the delivery of internal technical projects, within Service Delivery, throughout the entire project lifecycle, ensuring department's needs are met and that projects are completed within timescale and budget. The ideal candidate needs to have the following experience;
- Experience in the installation and support of the full range of network-based computer systems
- Demonstrate experience of managing the Service Delivery for ICT
- In depth knowledge of IT operating systems
- In depth knowledge of hardware platforms
- Experience in managing people
- Must be able to participate in the ICT on call rota.
As the ICT Technician you will:
- Manage ICT support to Line of Business Applications.
- ManagetheICT Infrastructure technical team in supporting:
- Networks WAN/LAN
- Networks Wi-Fi
- Networks Telephony
- Analyse and resolve complex problems related to ICT service desk and ICT support services.
- Manage the Help Desk Management System, ensuring the ICT technical team investigate and resolve fault calls to achieve a satisfactory and timely resolution and to provide monthly Helpdesk KPI's to Assistant Director of ICT
- Support the Assistant Director of ICT with the implementation of the the company's ICT Strategy to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of an extensive range of ICT systems within the Trust
- Maintain the ICT Asset Register, Systems Catalogue and Contracts Database
- Contribute to the formulation of procedures, standards and guidance for both technical staff and users of the ICT Service desk and ICT support services.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Caitlin Scollan in the strictest confidence.
Who are we as an organisation?
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
VANRATH recruits across a diverse range of sectors including:
- Accountancy & Finance
- Built Environment
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- Public Sector
- Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain and Procurement
We recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. We will support you through every step of the recruitment process, from an initial discussion of your goals and aspirations, to the security of your new position.
Our consultants are sector specific and have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, their respective fields. Put simply, they are the best in the business! We continually monitor trends and developments within the market to ensure we provide the very highest quality advice and
support to our clients and candidates.