An exciting new opportunity has just opened up for an HR Support Officer to join a well-known public sector organisation on a full-time, temporary basis. Our client is looking for an energetic, driven and knowledgeable individual to provide a professional and comprehensive HR and training service to staff and management.
The Ideal Person
Will ensure the effective delivery of HR and training services to support the organisation in delivering a first class service.
- Be an Associate member of CIPD
- Have good working knowledge of employment legislation and good practice procedures.
- Have 2 years' generalist HR experience, including significant experience in giving advice on employment issues and contractual documentation
- Experience of managing discipline and grievance cases
- Experience of recruitment and selection
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Availability of a car for business use and willingness to obtain appropriate insurance
- To assist in the development and implementation of a HR strategy to include recruitment and training and development plans for Councils.
- To assist in ensuring adequate HR support is provided to line managers within Councils regarding employee relations, absence management, performance management and appraisal, disciplinary and grievances, recruitment and selection, employing migrant workers, succession planning and development etc.
- To assist the Head of HR in ensuring compliance with the legal requirements of Equality Monitoring, Access NI checks, RQIA minimum standards, Home Office Immigration and Data Protection Regulations etc.
- To assist the Head of HR in providing advice and support in grievances, disciplinary and absence management cases (including investigation and interview procedures).
- To support the development and delivery of appropriate training on key human resource initiates such as recruitment and selection, absence management, discipline and grievance etc.
- To deputise for the Head of HR as required.
- To allocate and supervise work delegated to the HR Staff as appropriate.
- To assist the Head of HR in ensuring that appropriate up to date contractual documentation is in place for all staff and that this is communicated effectively to payroll.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Human Resources role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall in the strictest confidence.