An exciting new opportunity has just opened up for an HR Support Officer to join a well-known public sector organisation on a full-time, temporary basis. Due to progression within the team our client is looking for an energetic, driven and knowledgeable individual to provide a professional and comprehensive HR service to staff and management.
The Ideal Person
Will work as part of a close-knit team to ensure the effective delivery of HR services, supporting the organisation in delivering a first class service.
- Be an Associate member of CIPD
- Have good working knowledge of employment legislation and good HR practice procedures.
- Have 2 years' generalist HR experience, including significant experience in giving advice to varying levels of staff and management on employment issues and contractual documentation
- Experience of managing complex disciplinary and grievance cases
- Experience of high volume recruitment and selection
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Word and Excel
- Availability of a car
- To assist in the development and implementation of a HR strategy to include recruitment and training and development plans for the organisation.
- To assist in ensuring adequate HR support is provided to line managers within the organisation regarding employee relations, absence management, performance management and appraisal, disciplinary and grievances, recruitment and selection, employing migrant workers, succession planning and development etc.
- To assist the Head of HR in ensuring compliance with the legal requirements of Equality Monitoring, Access NI checks, Home Office Immigration and Data Protection Regulations etc.
- To assist the Head of HR in providing advice and support in complex grievances, disciplinary and absence management cases.
- To support the development and delivery of appropriate training on key human resource initiates such as recruitment and selection, absence management, discipline and grievance etc.
- To assist the Head of HR in ensuring that appropriate up to date contractual documentation is in place for all staff and that this is communicated effectively to payroll on a monthly basis.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Human Resources role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall in the strictest confidence.