An excellent new opportunity has just opened up for an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion HR Advisor to join a well-known public sector organisation on a full-time, temporary basis. Our client is looking for a driven and knowledgeable individual who can work well under pressure support the HR Manager, ensuring the effective promotion and mainstreaming of equality within the organisation.
The Ideal Person
Will work in conjunction with the other members of the HR and OD management team to focus on equality profiling and reporting, training and the provision of advice and guidance on fair employment and anti-discrimination legislation and the statutory equality duties under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
- Hold a minimum of a Level 5 qualification
- Have current membership of CIPD and a minimum of two years' experience working in EDI, either as primary duties or as part of a Human Resources role within a large, multi-site, multi-disciplinary organisation
- Have at least four years' experience working in EDI, either as primary duties or as part of a Human Resources role within a large, multi-site, multi-disciplinary organisation; proven experience of driving organisational improvements through people
- Hold or are working towards current membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the job
- To take a lead role in implementing Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 within the organisation and in support of service delivery.
- To analyse the People & Culture Plan and Annual Business Plans in anticipation of organisational equality screening requirements and to support and guide line managers with respect to equality screening.
- To conduct appropriate stakeholder consultation on the equality impact of strategies, policies, plans, decisions and courses of action including regular liaison with lead officers, representative bodies and relevant external parties
- To ensure effective internal and external communication on equality, diversity and inclusion issues including developing relevant literature e.g. summary of Disability Action Plan
- To provide and develop suitable training for all levels of employees on responsibilities for EDI and to regularly review and update training content and materials
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Human Resources role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall in the strictest confidence.