VANRATH are assisting our client, a well-known Public Sector client, in their recruitment of an HR Officer to join their team based in Ballymena on an initial 12 month temporary basis.
This is an excellent opportunity with an immediate start on offer.
Responsible to the Human Resources Manager for the provision and operational delivery of the HR & OD function in line with organisational requirements and the delivery of the HR Business Plan.
Responsible for the day to day provision of high level of advice to line managers in all subjects fields within the HR function.
Responsible to the Head of Human Resources & Organisation Development on planning and implementation of key strategic projects, ensuring the delivery of the HR Business Plan.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide professional advice and support regarding all employee relations issues ensuring compliance with both HR policies and procedures and legal requirements.
- Represent Human Resources on employee relations matters such as discipline, grievances, capability, complaints investigations and termination of employment.
- Interpret and provide advice to Head of Service and Line Managers on relevant employment legislation, best practice and terms and conditions of employment.
- Take a lead role in conjunction with the Head of Service and Line Managers within assigned departments in the proactive management of absence across the organisation.
- Implement Recruitment & Selection procedures, in accordance with Equality legislation and associated Codes of Practice, chair panels as required as the Human Resources representative, and deliver an effective and timely administration process for all recruitment and selection activities, involving internal and external applicants.
- Analyse and interpret policies and procedures and provide advice to Heads of Service and line managers within assigned departments to assist them in meeting legal, procedural and workforce development requirements and monitor outcomes, to ensure that such policies are implemented consistently and effectively.
- Develop and review policies and procedures as assigned by the Head of Human Resources & Organisation Development to ensure that they reflect best practice.
The Ideal Person:
Applicants must have a minimum of a third level qualification
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have two years' experience:
- Taking a lead role in the people management of a HR function and the management of employee relations implications
- Developing and implementing HR policies and procedures that are aligned to corporate priorities and in accordance with legislation and best practice
- Experience of effectively working with a range of internal or external stakeholders including Line Managers and shop stewards.
- Management of absenteeism and case management to positive outcomes.
- Management of recruitment and selection vacancies.
Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required academic qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have four years' experience in the a-e above.
All candidates must hold or be working towards full corporate membership of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Chartered, Fellow). Candidates working towards Chartered Status must attain this no later than 2 years from appointment to post.
- A competitive salary of £30,984 - £32,798 per annum
- Immediate start.
- Hybrid working approach.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other HR (Public Sector) jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.