Job Title - HR Advisor
Location - Belfast / Derry
Salary - £20,000 - £24,000
Duration - 12 Month FTC
Are you a HR Professional with experience in absence management & pensions? Do you posses excellent organisational and planning skills with a keen eye for detail? I'd love to hear from you if you do.
VANRATH is thrilled to be partnering with a market leading firm based right here in NI and to be assisting in the search for an experienced HR Advisor to join their established and experienced HR team and will report to the HR Operations Manager.
As one of the teams HR Advisors, you will be responsible for providing direct support to company employees, other HR groups and company management by handling a variety of HR-related duties, delivering consistent advice, with a particular focus on absence management & pensions and respond to HR queries from staff.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Base £20-£24,500
- Bonus - Paid Yearly based on Company & Personal Performance (8% target 0-12% range)
- Health Subsidies - after 6 months - £138
- Annual Leave plus 2 additional paid leave days per annum to facilitate the seasonal break on Good Friday (1day) and Christmas Eve (1 day).
- Education Policy - Paid Professional Subscriptions
- Employee discounts - after 6 months - of up to 60% on company products and a wide variety of external discounts
- Hybrid Working
- Paid Maternity, Paternity, Sick Leave
- Cycle to Work
- 4 x Life Assurance
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a HR Advisor/Generalist, with experience in absence management & pensions.
- CIPD/HR or relevant qualification.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years' HR systems experience, with Oracle being an advantage.
- Previous experience with administration of sickness absence
- Previous experience with pensions
- Strong knowledge on employment legislation in Republic of Ireland and familiarity with company terms and conditions of employment.
- Working knowledge of Data Protection obligations and confidentiality as applies to a HR professional.
- Excel skills and analytical ability.
- Proactive and positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills, making naturally good first impressions and with the ability to be tactful, diplomatic and professional.
- Positive influencer with the ability to interact with people from a variety of different seniority, cultures and business disciplines.
- Excellent organising and planning with a keen attention to detail.
- Support our employees across Northern Ireland on queries relating to HR policies and procedures with a strong customer focus.
- Administer the sickness absence process including Occupational Health referrals and reporting
- Administer statutory and company leaves as per policy
- Support the administration of pensions and benefits including company bonus, salary increases and share schemes.
- Support queries from staff and people managers on payroll related matters
- Support the tracking of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) as applicable to our Northern Ireland staff
- Support local reporting as required such as the submission of annual returns to the NI Equality Commission
- Ensure our HR systems are accurately updated and support employees with any HR system queries
- Use reporting and systems available to effectively monitor, track and audit HR processes to mitigate against risk and ensure compliance
- Work collaboratively as a team with the ROI HR Operations team to ensure best practise and common approach
- Support the wider HR team in both NI and ROI
- Be flexible to undertake other duties that may be required
For further information on this exciting HR Advisor vacancy, please contact Jason Glenn or apply via the link below in the strictest confidence. Alternatively, feel free to reach out on LinkedIn.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.