VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our major client with the Recruitment of a Housing Officer to join their fun and friendly team at their Belfast Office.
The role is initially for 12 weeks but there is the possibility of an extension.
Hours: Mon-Fri - 09:00 -17:00
Salary - £26,269 - £35,124
1. To carry out scheme visits and audits in accordance with the company procedures.
2. To respond, record and investigate all cases of Anti-social Behaviour (ASB) in accordance with company polices and procedures, endeavouring to resolve ASB using a range of solutions and attending court when necessary.
3. To develop and maintain positive working relationships with local partners and agencies including Local Councils, PSNI, Social Services, communities and the general public.
4. To attend Social Services case conferences as the companies representative.
5. To encourage and promote tenant involvement and consultation in decisions affecting Choice's services and accommodation.
6. To work with the Tenant Involvement Champion and Tenant's Forum when required.
7. To carry out estate walkabouts with the property services officer.
8. To investigate and assist in resolving complaints and disputes between tenants.
9. To co-ordinate and Chair tenant's service charge meetings and Service Delivery Team Meetings.
10. To review support plans and ensure compliance with the Supporting People Contracts (QAF2) including contract management liaison with NIHE.
5 x GCSEs (Grades A-C to include Mathematics and English language), or equivalent
& A professional housing qualification equivalent to CIH Level 4
3 years' relevant experience in a customer facing role in a social housing setting
A third level qualification
A minimum of One year Housing Officer experience.
Experience in using HMS (or an equivalent Housing Waiting list system)
Experience of implementing the rules of the Housing Selection Scheme; to include tenancy management (Transfer Applications, Assignment of tenancyetc) and allocation of properties
An understanding of housing legislation in Northern Ireland.
Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office programmes including Word and Excel;
Good oral and written communication skills;
Problem solving ability
Leadership skills (with responsibility for managing a team)
Able to communicate at all levels and relate to colleagues and tenants;
Current driving licence;
Access to private transport