- Job Reference: BBBH300990
- Job Title: Housing Advisor
- Salary: £26,760
- Based: Antrim
VANRATH are partnering with our client, a large public sector housing organisation, in their recruitment for an experienced Advisor to join their housing services team based in Antrim.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to progress in a advisory role with a focus on preventing homelessness. You will provide daily advice and assistance to people facing difficult circumstances, putting their needs at the centre of outcomes. You will be confident in managing a large workload with a wide range of responsibilities and have excellent interpersonal skills.
What's in it for you?
- £26,760pa equivalent
- Travel outside the office
- Annual leave entitlement
- Pension contribution
- Perks membership exclusive to VANRATH
- Ongoing professional support from our senior consultants
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the following qualifications in their CV:
- A degree (Level 6) or equivalent qualification and a minimum of 1 years relevant experience (e.g. customer support, housing, case work).
- hold a BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma (Level 5) and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a customer support environment.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate with clear examples:
- Experience of interpreting relevant policy and statutory requirements to make appropriate decisions to meet the needs of customers (e.g. the Housing Order (NI) 1988).
- Working as an effective team member to support the achievement of shared outcomes.
- Gathering information to gain insight into customer needs and identifying practical solutions.
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders to find effective housing solutions.
Experience of the below main duties working within a Housing environment is highly desirable.
The successful candidate must possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full including with reasonable travel time frames.
What you'll do
The main duties of the post will comprise the following integrated areas:
- Housing advice and assistance
- Tenancy sustainment
- Homeless prevention
- Homeless assistance
- Case management
The post-holder will provide a customer focused housing advice service to people, who often have complex needs or are facing difficult circumstances with a focus on preventing homelessness. You will take a case management approach to customer's need, keeping and maintaining detailed and accurate records of decisions and actions taken in each case.
This role requires regular engagement with vulnerable individuals and working in partnership with internal colleagues and other agencies. Requiring exceptional communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Housing Advisors are required to conduct interviews and undertake comprehensive investigations, making specific recommendations based on understanding of customer's need.
Housing Advisors represent the Housing Team and provide support and cover for project team members as and when required.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Pubic Sector role in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…