- Job Reference: RAHSEA120923
- Job Title: Health Safety Environmental Advisor
- Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland / Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Health Safety Environmental Advisor
Are you looking for a Health Safety Environmental Advisor role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a HSE Advisor to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£45,000 to £55,000 + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
Business is very busy with multiple projects currently ongoing and many more in the pipeline. Due to this continued success, they have a great opportunity for a HSE Advisor to join them on a permanent basis.
Most of their projects are near Dublin and this role requires regular travel to site, so the successful person will need to be able to commute down towards Dublin on a regular basis.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Positive engagement with staff across all levels of the company, supply chain partners and stakeholders, promoting an effective HSE management system and a culture of continuous improvement
- Engage with external organisations including enforcing authorities and client representatives
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to Environmental, Health and Safety matters, including statutory training and reporting
- Assist with the review and further development of HSE documentation including Construction Phase H&S Plans, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, permit procedures, temporary works and statutory documentation
- Assist with the review, further development and implementation of HSE policies, procedures and initiatives
- Provide training, coaching and support to staff on Health and Safety policies, procedures, best practice and legal requirements, ensuring fairness and consistency
- Investigate and address HSE issues and incidents in a thorough, impartial and professional manner with the objective of establishing facts and learning outcomes so that key points may be shared with relevant personnel for the betterment of overall HSE performance
- Escalate relevant issues and incidents to the H&S Manager and Company Directors in a timely manner
- Conduct periodic site HSE inspections and audits, developing action plans and ensuring those action plans are seen through to completion within the required timeframe
- Assist with the administration, and maintenance of up to date and accurate Health and Safety / Training electronic records and manual files
- Prepare and deliver structured HSE training and shorter HSE updates across all levels of the company
- Identify, analyse, understand and report on trends which effect the management of company HSE
- Keep up to date with relevant H&S Legislation, Industry Codes of Practice and wider industry development
- Assist with maintaining relevant 3rd party accreditations and gaining compliance with new standards according to business objectives
- Chair and/or attend regular internal & external HSE meetings
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Track record working within the Construction industry
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience in promoting and ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety on large-scale construction projects
- Good knowledge and understanding of health, safety, environmental health and risk management
- Sound knowledge of current health, safety and environmental legislation and standards
- Ability to interpret and provide advice on health, safety, environmental and risk management issues
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- High degree of familiarity with IT systems including MS Office applications
- Able to compile comprehensive reports with a high standard of professionalism
- Ability to commute and work near Dublin on a daily basis
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion