- Job Reference: RAHSO240523
- Job Title: Health and Safety Officer
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000+ (Neg DOE) + package
- Location: Antrim, Northern Ireland
VANRATH are recruiting a Health and Safety Officer to work for a specialist contractor, based in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland.
£30,000 - £35,000+ (Neg DOE) + package
Our client is a specialist contractor based in Antrim with their own design and manufacturing facility on site. The business supplies innovative bespoke products and structures to a range of Main Contractors in the UK and Ireland. They have been operating for over 40 years and over time have developed long term sustainable partnerships with their client base.
Overview of The Role:
The business has a great opportunity for a permanent, full time Health and Safety Officer to join their growing team, based in Antrim full time, Monday to Friday.
This role will suit someone with a Health and Safety qualification and some experience within the Construction and / or Manufacturing industries.
The successful person will gain extensive health & safety experience and on-the-job training to develop their career further.
- Create a positive approach to accident prevention and protection of the environment
- Initiate and maintain positive measures to raise safety, health and environmental standards and awareness
- Carry out inspections of site operations and premises to determine whether the legislation and regulations are being complied with and whether the highest standards of safety, health protection, which are reasonably practicable to attain, are being achieved
- Provide the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager with information on the health and safety performance of individual work areas and other workplaces. This information will include details of compliance levels, accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences
- Assist management teams to prepare and review risk assessments / method statements for given work activities
- Support the Company's managers and employees at all levels, in their efforts to improve the Health & Safety performance and will set a good personal example
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks to include temporary works
- Carry out accident investigations and be a key player in driving near miss reporting
- Supporting management to carry out toolbox talks and safety briefings and chair Health and Safety meetings
- NEBOSH qualification or working towards obtaining qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice
- Experience of working to Management Standards (ISO 45001 , ISO 9001 and ISO 14001)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience within an operational health & safety role
- Familiarity and awareness of lifting and handling of products on site and temporary works procedures would be beneficial
- In depth Microsoft skills and good working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ambitious with a real can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to balance and prioritise
- Full driver's license
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion