Health & Safety Manager - NEWRY
Our Client is looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join their team. They are a well established Construction Company with large projects in the South of Ireland and across the water. This role will be based in their Newry Offices, but will require 1-2 days a week on site in the South of Ireland, and 1-2 days per month in GB.
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits DOE
- Assist site teams in the successful implementation of Client's Policies and Procedures.
- Liaise with sub-contractors on all health & safety matters through all stages of the project.
- Carry out audits to determine compliance with the company procedures and highlight non conformance.
- Chair weekly Health and Safety Meetings.
- Participate in progress reports.
- Complete accident & incident investigations.
- Ensure relevant inspections and checks are carried out with records maintained.
- Monitor the Health & Safety performance of site and report to back to the senior management team.
- Assist the Health & Safety Manager in promoting best practice throughout Client's using various initiatives.
- Carry out / review & Approve risk assessments.
- Management of Temporary Works eg. Scaffolding, propping, hoardings, hoists etc.
- Liaise with external health and safety authorities.
- Adopt a Continuous Improvement approach to processes and practices.
The Ideal Person
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- 2+ year's experience gained in a similar role.
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Knowledge of PPC Regulations.
- Environmental Qualification.
- Fire Warden Qualification.
- First Aid Qualification.
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate.
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Daniel Peacock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more...