Health & Safety Co-Ordinator (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Health & Safety Co-Ordinator (Public Sector).
- Advise Client on health & safety best practice and develop policies, procedures and management systems to ensure good governance and adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Lead and implement the completion and modernisation of risk assessments, safety inspections, audits and fire safety protocols to ensure the safety of working and visiting areas.
- Act as the Champion for health & safety and oversee the development of a supportive and informed culture.
- Provide a business partnering approach to the management of health & safety across the organisation - providing leadership, advice, guidance, support and coaching to managers and other colleagues.
- Ensure site specific health & safety training is available and the delivery of a range of health & safety training including the development of online training.
- Review and monitor health & safety accidents and incidents, investigations and actions including the preparation of reports and statistics to aid monitoring, culture change and decision making.
- Lead the Site Safety Group meetings and cross departmental Safety Management Group meeting.
- Liaise with and develop productive working relationships with a range of external stakeholders including Health and Safety Executive, local council Environmental Health Departments, NIFRS and PSNI.
Qualifications and experience
- Possess a NEBOSH Certificate, equivalent or higher in Health & Safety
- Have gained at least three years' experience in a dedicated Health & Safety position.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all Health & Safety Legislation and Codes of Practice including PUWER, LOLER, Gas Safe Requirements, Water Management ACOP L8 & HSG 274, Control & Management of Asbestos, COSHH, and CDM regulations.
- Have experience of maintaining a Safety Management System, including auditing and training.
- Experience of advising on a broad range of accessibility and inclusively issues.
- Experience of preparing reports and delivering presentations for a range of stakeholders.
- A driving licence and means of travelling across our estate.
- A collaborative approach to working and an ability to communicate technical matters simply and directly.
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to manage a busy operational and project workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience of maintaining good working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing or coordinating an organisation's business continuity plan.
- Experience of establishing or working within a Health & Safety Quality Management System to ISO45001 Standard.
- Experience of managing or advising on health and safety in a similar environment - public facility, visitor attraction, heritage.
- Possess a NEBOSH diploma in Health & Safety
£31,800 - £33,129 plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…