VANRATH are recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor at Staff Officer level for a large multi-site organisation based in a fantastic location in Belfast with some travel required to other sites owned by the organisation.
- COVID-19 risk assessment, inspection and mitigation's to ensure preparedness and compliance with relevant guidance for staff return to work;
- Accident and incident investigation (reactive) and devising strategies and guidance to target improvements (e.g. sharps and, vehicle safety);
- Assist staff with the completion of risk assessments, by providing advice and guidance, and ensure that risk assessments (general and specific, such as COSHH, new and expectant mothers, first aid, manual handling, DSE, etc.) are completed for all activities with significant risks.
- Conducting workplace inspections for a variety of workplace environments (including laboratories, agricultural facilities and remote fieldwork) and assisting in the closure of external audit findings relating to Health and Safety Management Systems audits, regulatory inspections, Dangerous Goods Audits, etc.;
- Training development and delivery for a range of key topics including laboratory safety (chemical and biological), work machinery and equipment safety, and agricultural safety.
- Provision of technical advice and guidance to staff on risk management, legislative requirements and health and safety best practice.
The Ideal Person
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years experience at a Health and Safety Advisory level in addition to a degree (2:2 level or above in any discipline) and a recognised professional occupational health and safety qualification at Diploma level or above which enables the applicant to meet the requirements for IOSH 'Graduate Member' grade.
Alternatively, you will have at least 4 years experience in addition to a recognised professional occupational health and safety qualification at Diploma level or above which enables the applicant to meet the requirements for IOSH 'Graduate Member grade.
You will also need a full, valid drivers licence to carry out all duties required.
VANRATH are offering a class leading salary for this role from day one in addition to excellent holiday allowance and on-site parking
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…