Job title: Head of Talent
Salary: Highly Competitive (depending on experience)
Duration: Full time / Permanent
Can you demonstrate a fresh, imaginative and innovate approach to leading and managing a HR function / department? Are you experienced in leading and managing a recruitment/talent function with a focus on attracting, developing and retaining the finest talent? If the answer is yes, I'd like to have a chat with you.
VANRATH are delighted to be partnering with one of Ireland's most innovative, multi-award winning companies in the search for a brand new Head of Talent. Reporting directly to the Corporate Services Director, the Head of Talent is responsible for the identification, recruitment, retention and development of talent and performance across each of the business units.
You will develop a Talent Strategy for implementation across the business including the management of Training & Development programmes to meet the future needs of the business.
This role is key to delivery of the evolving Talent Strategy as the company grows, as well as supporting business improvement initiatives across the company as may be required working collaboratively with the senior leadership team.
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee Perks & Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Industry leading health & wellbeing programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Long service awards
- Great opportunities for learning & development
Attracting and Retaining Talent
- In line with the Company's overall Vision and Strategy, you will work with the Management Team to identify current and future skill and resource gaps, recruiting the requisite Talent where necessary.
- While reviewing/creating Job Specifications and CPD plans with the managers, identify areas of improvement in the business process and departmental communication.
- Manage the marketing of new roles to attract the best Talent for each role including managing agencies, referral programmes and social media
- Assess Talent as part of the interview process to determine the best candidate for the various positions.
- Ensure new employees are properly inducted embedding on-boarding practices that help employees become part of the organisation and makes an active shift towards the contribution to organisational goals.
- Promote awareness through effective communication of career opportunities across the business and work to design programmes for high potential team members and career pathways.
Talent Leadership Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop the overall Talent Strategy.
Internal and External Relationships and Communication
- Create effective partnerships with universities, colleges, schools, and apprenticeship providers to attract the next generation, to ensure a pipeline of suitable candidates for openings is maintained.
- Assisting in the identification and oversee the management of the projects from a senior level
- On-going liaisons with local Business Development Agencies to ensure support opportunities are availed.
Team Development, Engagement and Performance Management
- Assume overall responsibility for developing and managing a Company Learning & Development Plan in line with the company's overall strategic objectives.
- Talent and career development - creating and managing company-wide talent pools through integrated performance management, succession planning and the building of future proof skills-based career paths.
- Talent deployment - managing the deployment/mobility of talent across the organisation.
- Workforce optimisation - updating company succession plans and identifying successors for senior/critical roles and
- creating development plans for them to achieve the required skills.
- Coach the key people to implement the development plan.
- Review/create innovate leading edge business focused development programs as required:
- Training programs
- Oversee the Appraisal/Performance Management Process ensuring that objective setting is carried out in accordance with the Company's overall Strategic aims.
Policies, Procedures and Contracts
- Managing and maintaining appropriate contracts for all employees.
- In conjunction with the role and where applicable, you will be involved in 'ad-hoc' Business Improvement initiatives across the Company.
- Adherence to the Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Any other duties within reason and capability associated with this role.
- Third level qualification
- Can demonstrate a fresh, imaginative and innovate approach to:
- leading and managing a HR function / department
- leading and managing a recruitment/talent function /department
- retention of talent
- development and improvement of talent
- performance management at all levels across the business
- Competency in HR systems
- Available to work flexible hours and to travel as necessary to company sites & depots
- Current driving licence and vehicle insured for business use
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) status
- Experience of working with in the Construction Industry
- a post graduate qualification in human resources or a related discipline e.g., business studies, law, occupational psychology
- a strong working knowledge of employment law issues in Northern Ireland and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common-sense approach.
For further information on this exciting HR vacancy, please contact Jason Glenn via the link below in the strictest confidence or reach out on LinkedIn.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.