Vanrath are delighted to be supporting our charitable client in their search for a Head of Operations to join their Senior Leadership Team on a permanent basis. This is a pivotal role within a large charitable organisation based in Belfast, dedicate to providing life-saving services to people affected by homelessness.
If you have senior experience across governance, finance, and compliance, along with an understanding of theory and practice in working with homeless persons / people facing multiple exclusion, we would love to hear from you!
- £42, 614 starting salary
- 37.5 hours per week
- Hybrid and flexi time working arrangements
- Permanent contract
- 26 days annual leave (plus statutory holidays)
- Pension scheme
Summary of the role
* The Head of Operations is responsible for the effective delivery of all services in the organisation's strategy to build on the charity's leadership in the field of service provision to Belfast's single homeless population.
* The Head of Operations provides strategic leadership in the development and delivery of effective and innovative services that contribute to preventing homelessness.
* The Head of Operations plays a strategic role in the Senior Leadership Team. Reporting to the Chief Executive, they work in close collaboration with other members of the Senior Leadership Team and Service Managers as well as with all staff within their team and across the organisation.
* The Head of Operations demonstrates the charity's core values in all aspects of carrying out the role.
We welcome application from candidates who are abe to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level, and/or hold a management qualification or relevant professional qualification.
- A sound understanding of homelessness, housing, substance misuse, mental health, criminal justice issues surrounding vulnerable communities and the relevant funding regimes together with a proven track record in those respects.
- An understanding of theory and practice in working with homeless persons / people facing multiple exclusion.
- Minimum of three years demonstrable senior management and senior leadership experience in the homelessness / housing /support /care sector.
- Experience of working effectively in or in partnership with the relevant statutory and voluntary sector agencies.
- Minimum of three years experience of carrying financial responsibility both in terms of complex budget setting and financial control.
- Experience of successfully operating monitoring systems and performance appraisal systems relating to service delivery.
- Minimum of five years experience of project management developing and setting up new projects and services.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…