Head of Finance - Public Sector (Permanent, Ballymena)
VANRATH are delighted to be partnering with a Non-Departmental Public Body based in Ballymena, who are recruiting for a Head of Finance on a permanent basis, where the successful applicant will be responsible for the leading, managing and developing of the finance function within the business. Reporting into the FD and Senior Leadership Team, the role will focus on efficient economic management of the company's budget to strive for financial sustainability.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of strategic planning and policies.
- Provide leadership, management and strategic direction to managers through the establishment and operation of an effective Departmental Management Team.
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer and budget holders, prepare the short and medium-term financial plans
- Prepare and interpret regular financial statements and provide advice to Management on an accurate and timely basis
- Manage budgets and resources within projections and ensure the financial sustainability through the preparation of annual estimates of income and expenditure
- Understand and implement legislation and guidance pertaining to the proper use of public funds and ensure full compliance with Government Accounting Standards.
- Ensure appropriate procurement systems and processes are developed and maintained and are compliant with Government Regulations.
- Responsibility for payment of all staff.
The Ideal Person:
- Professional qualification with a relevant accountancy body.
- A minimum of three year's management experience at a relevant senior and strategic level including leading the development, implementation and monitoring of the finance function.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence