- Job Reference: JSCHSM240323
- Job Title: H&S Manager
- Salary: £42k to £47k negotiable
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Are you an experienced H&S Manager with NEBOSH? Interested in a facility level, management role with great career opportunities for a global, Fortune 500 company?
VANRATH are recruiting a H&S Manager to manage on site works staff and sub-contracted works as part of a prestigious Facilities Management contract.
Our client is the UK/Ireland branch of a huge US-based, Fortune 500 Facilities Management organisation. They provide contracted services for some of the UK and Ireland's largest and most complex sites, spanning industries including; Aviation, Healthcare, Retail & Leisure and more.
With an organisation of hundreds of thousands of staff across the US, Europe and the UK, our client provide specialist support in areas of Facilities Management, Security, Logistical Support and Waste Processing.
Having recently been awarded a prestigious, ongoing contract to provide full service support to one of Belfast's largest and most recognisable Manufacturing facilities, they now seek an experienced H&S Manager to oversee and manage all Health and Safety responsibilities at the facility.
£42k to £47k dependant upon experience
- Responsible for managing and delivering workplace health and safety policies and procedures across multiple sites in the greater Belfast areas.
- Manage, develop and maintain site-based H&S Management systems (ISO 45001) and represent the organisation and customer as required for H&S audits.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions and interventions, to support the drive for proactive safety management working closely with colleagues to ensure consistency across sites.
- Oversee the delivery of health & safety training including for example manual handling, first aid, fire warden and H&S leadership training for contract staff.
- Develop and support a suitable training programme for site personnel.
- Develop and implement a robust audit and inspection programme for all activities within the scope of works of the contract, covering the in-house team and contractor base.
- Ensure that all services are delivered in compliance with all relevant H&S legislation, client H&S requirements, ensuring the site can evidence compliance with same.
- Ensure that all company H&S policies and procedures are effectively implemented across the contract.
- Lead and guide the team in the investigation of all Workplace Health & Safety incidents or accidents and ensure the required records are completed and stored.
- Manage site RIDDOR reports in line with regulations.
- Assist the Client in any incident reporting requirements including input into relevant problem-solving sheets or technical investigative reports to determine root cause analysis & implement corrective actions.
- Identify and drive continual improvements in safety performance across the contract.
The Ideal Person:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in H&S Management
- Demonstrable experience in Client Liaison
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Facilities Management Experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250