- Job Reference: JSHSA061123
- Job Title: H&S Advisor
- Salary: INCREASED £32k to £37k negotiable
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Are you a NEBOSH qualified H&S Advisor? Interested in a facility level, advisory position with great career opportunities for a global, Fortune 500 company?
VANRATH are recruiting a H&S Advisor to assist in the management of on-site works staff and sub-contracted works as part of a prestigious Facilities Management contract.
Our client is the UK/Ireland branch of a huge US-based, Fortune 500 Facilities Management organisation. They provide contracted services for some of the UK and Ireland's largest and most complex sites, spanning industries including; Aviation, Healthcare, Retail & Leisure and more.
With an organisation of hundreds of thousands of staff across the US, Europe and the UK, our client provide specialist support in areas of Facilities Management, Security, Logistical Support and Waste Processing.
Having recently been awarded a prestigious, ongoing contract to provide full service support to one of Belfast's largest and most recognisable Manufacturing facilities, they now seek a proactive and passionate H&S Advisor to oversee and manage all Health and Safety responsibilities at the facility.
SALARY RANGE INCREASED £32k to £37k dependant upon experience
- Assist in delivering workplace health and safety policies and procedures across multiple sites in the greater Belfast area
- Assist the contract H&S Manager in the development and maintenance of site-based H&S Management systems (ISO 45001)
- Develop creative and innovative solutions and interventions, to support the drive for proactive safety management working closely with colleagues to ensure consistency across sites.
- Assist in the delivery of health & safety training including manual handling, first aid, fire warden and H&S leadership training for contract staff.
- Develop and support a suitable training programme for site personnel.
- Action a robust audit and inspection programme for all activities within the scope of works of the contract, covering the in-house team and contractor base.
- Ensure that all services are delivered in compliance with all relevant H&S legislation, client H&S requirements, ensuring the site can evidence compliance with same.
- Ensure that all company H&S policies and procedures are effectively implemented across the contract.
- Manage site RIDDOR reports in line with regulations.
The Ideal Person:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in H&S
- Experience in either a Manufacturing Environment or Facilities Management would be a distinct advantage
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250