VANRATH are delighted to be partnered with a leading specialist firm who are seeking Management Accountant to join their busy team.
This is a great role for a qualified accountant to get great exposure to a group of companies and the transactions associated with each expanding commercial division.
What's on offer?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Workplace pension scheme
- Flexible Start/finish times
- Annual leave (including Public/Bank Holidays)
- Additional paid leave with length of service
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Sick Pay
What's involved in the job?
The opportunity is to join an established finance team, reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
- Monthly management accounts preparation including full reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for daily bank administration including bank reconciliations for company bank accounts and cash flow forecasting
- Administration of UK VAT / CIS including returns
- All journal entries including accrual and prepayments, Profit and Loss Account reconciliations and financial analysis
- Preparation of year-end audit files and liaising with external auditors
- Responsible for the weekly / monthly creditor payment process
- Development and recommend / implement process improvements
- Assist with Budget administration
- Monthly inter-co recharges and balance up inter-co accounts with other group companies
What qualifications & experience do you need?
- Qualified accountant
- Membership of a recognised accountancy body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or equivalent
- Ideally, minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent IT and Excel skills
- Experience of using a financial accounting package
- Excellent organisational skills including planning, setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Experience of Exchequer accounts system would be an advantage
What are the next steps?
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other senior accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH or on LinkedIn in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.