Groundsperson (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an experienced Groundsperson who can join their Derry/Londonderry team within social housing sector. 3 months initially with the possibility of extension.
- Driving, operating and maintaining a range of mechanical/electrical equipment and machinery associated with the provision of a grounds maintenance service in a commercial/contractor environment. This will include rotovators,chain saws, grass-cutters, hedge trimmers, strimmer's, push mowers, ride-on mowers and tractor mounted flail hedge-cutters etc.
- Using a range of handheld equipment and tools associated with the provision of a grounds maintenance service. This will include secateurs, hedge trimmers, rollers, spades, forks,and spraying equipment among others.
- The cutting and edging of hedges and grass using a range of equipment, both handheld and mechanical/electrical.
- The establishing and maintenance of shrub beds and grassed areas including reclaiming, fencing-off, ground planning & preparation, removal of dead trees, planting trees shrubs and flower bulbs, fixing tree guards, staking, mulching, grading, reseeding, rolling and watering as required.
- To clean and lift litter and larger debris from hard areas, shrub beds, rough grass, water ways and shop areas (as required)
- Have a minimum of one year's relevant experience working in a grounds maintenance environment and / or in the use of commercial mowers / tractors / grounds machinery.
- Can demonstrate practical knowledge and understanding of current Health and Safety requirements and legislation in a maintenance/repair environment.
- Access NI Required
- Have a minimum of three year's relevant experience working in a grounds maintenance environment and / or in the use of commercial mowers / tractors / grounds machinery
- Hold a NPTC / NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture or equivalent
- Hold a spraying certificate i.e. PA1, safe handling of pesticides, or PA6A, hand held application
- A full current driving licence which includes B+E / C1E licence category
c£21,725 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''