Role: Grass Maintenance
Location: Ballymena, Carrickfergus , Larne
Salary: £10-£11.00 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday - Thursday 8.00 am - 4.00 pm and
Friday 8.00 am - 3.30 pm). Additional hours, weekend and public
holiday working may also be required
Duration: Fixed term contract until 30 September, but may be extended
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cut grass and maintain the areas throughout the Banbridge during the season.
2. Operate all grass cutting machinery including ride-on mowers, lawn mowers,
3. Carry out regular checks on machinery and report to the Operations Supervisor any
disrepair/defects that require attention.
4. Ensure the safety and security of all equipment/tools etc issued, clean and maintain
and report any defects immediately to the Operations Supervisor.
5. Clear any light litter or items such as broken glass, obstacles prior to commencing
grass cutting activities. Where a grassed area due to be cut is affected by significant
littering, report to the Operations Supervisor in advance of commencing operations.
6. General labouring duties as required but particularly outside the grass cutting
7. Respond to complaints or service requests from the public, providing direct
response or reporting to the Operations Supervisor as appropriate.
8. Report all accidents to the Operations Supervisor.
9. Ensure that work detailed is carried out effectively and efficiently to the required
10. Assist in the planning and where necessary re-scheduling of grass cutting and
maintenance rotas/routes as necessary, to maintain an efficient and effective
Back to Job Search