Are you an experienced Verification Officer who is keen to join an organisation in Belfast who provide an important service to the local communities? This is an initial 3-month contract with the potential for extension!
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Salary £29,000
- 3 month contract with potential for extension
- Hybrid working
- Supportive working environment
- Joining a business who make a significant impact in the local community
A public sector organisation based in Belfast city centre are keen to recruit a Verification Officer to join their finance team for an initial period of 3 months. This is an opportunity to join an organisation who provide an important service to the local communities of Northern Ireland. You will make a direct impact to community groups and will play a key part in the distribution of funding.
The Verification Officer will be responsible for managing, planning and providing an independent audit service for the funded organisations.
Immediate start available.
The Ideal Person
If you have experience working within a financial governance or audit role:
1. A minimum of 2 years' experience carrying out verification or audit of expenditure.
A minimum of 2 years' experience working in financial accounting.
A minimum of 2 years' experience conducting payroll processing.
2. A minimum of 2 years' experience reviewing financial processes and / or controls.
As a Verification Officer you will:
- Ensure expenditure incurred is eligible, actual and consistent with the project concerned and monitor verification of expenditure against budgets
- Complete verification forms, and produce verification reports as necessary, highlighting areas of non-compliance or potentially ineligible expenditure
- Ensure that projects comply with descriptions given in grant applications; confirm compliance with contract conditions and verify grant funding has been used appropriately
- Be responsible for undertaking financial control visits, verification of projects, ensuring management control systems operate satisfactorily
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''