VANRATH are assisting the most respected and reliable wastewater treatment brands in the industry based in Newry and across Northern Ireland for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor.
Our client provides great opportunities for growth and development in a company culture that fosters creativity, innovation, personal development, job satisfaction and career progression.
What they Offer
- £25,000 + car allowance and mileage
- 25 days holidays plus public holidays
- Hybrid/Flexible working model
- Full training and development is provided
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a related discipline;
- Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor, strong knowledge of contract document practices and techniques, specifically NEC forms of contract;
- Demonstrable experience in securing financial delivery of projects, controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing early warning and compensation event mechanisms;
- Previous experience in Water/Wastewater engineering projects advantageous;
- Hold a current full driving license
- Prepare technical proposals and bids in accordance with Sales and Engineering specifications.
- Liaise with internal departments and external suppliers to establish the costs and key design parameters for the selected equipment.
- Maintain a customer focus approach and build key customer relationships.
- Produce a detailed technical, commercial and cost schedule specification for all tenders/quotations, including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts
- Support finance department as and when required.
- As and when required attend site and pre-contract award meeting
- Work with the supply chain/procurement to allocate risks and in support of producing competitive proposals
- Manage all aspects of the contractual and financial side of projects, while optimizing budgets. Strong organisational, planning and time management skills.
- May be required to attend liaison meetings/site visits with potential clients and suppliers or to other company premises, including overnight stays
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Mark O'Hare directly or send in your CV via email@example.com.