VANRATH are assisting with the recruitment of a Graduate Paralegal for a leading law firm that has 8 offices within the UK. This company is looking to bring in an individual that they can progress in the company.
This proves to be a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress their career and widen their knowledge in a major organisation that places immense value on their staff. This firm offers real routes for progression, and is one of the best places for an individual who is looking to progress their career.
Monday - Friday - Permanent - Hybrid / Belfast City Centre
Law degree is essential - Opportunities available to become a Solicitor etc available
£19,000 - £20,000 + Progression Opportunities & Leading Benefits from a Major firm.
All levels of experience shall be considered where the firm will offer be-spoke in-house training to kick-start your legal career post-university, ideally for those seeking to progress to training and qualifying with the IPLS.
Your initial work load will consist of the following tasks which are essential building blocks to independent file management post-qualification:
- Progressing discovery matters by drafting the appropriate pleadings and thoroughly reviewing all discoverable material;
- Carrying our legal research, reviewing evolving case law and procedural nuances of certain claims;
- Assisting with investigation matters by taking both informal and formal statements from witnesses;
- Assisting with trial preparation with compiling trial bundles and helping both clients and witnesses prepare to testify at trial;
- Compiling an in-depth analysis of quantum evidence which includes preparing chronologies and identifying anomalies across various sources of evidence to include Hospital and GP notes but also medico-legal reports to assist the lead file handler with reserves calculations;
- Instructing Counsel and medico-legal experts by compiling briefs and letters of instruction;
This is a fantastic opportunities which will allow both recent law graduates and prospective IPLS candidates to gain an invaluable paid experience in a progressive, market leading defendant law firm with the opportunity to train thereafter.
The Ideal Person:
- Law Degree or similar
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritise work, keep to deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work to agreed targets and service level agreements
- Excellent research skills
- High level of analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
You could spend hours scrolling through job search sites looking for the perfect vacancy. Therefore, if your recruiter knows exactly what you're looking for, you'll be the first to spring to mind when something relevant appears.
The number of people and companies recruiters can reach is unrivalled. Choosing to partner with a recruitment agency means you have access to their extensive network of industry contacts, who can then become your contacts.
Similar to connections, recruiters have access to a wide range of opportunities, and some that are not advertised on job search sites. If you're not sure where to look for jobs, this is where recruiters can truly prove their worth. When you initially get in touch with them, it's likely they will already know which relevant jobs are available at which employer.
Good recruiters will only send the best professionals to interview with their clients - who they put forward is a direct reflection of their ability to identify and match the job seeker with the hiring organisation. Due to their experience of working within an industry, they will properly prepare you for the entire process according to what they know has been successful in the past.