VANRATH are assisting with the recruitment of a Graduate Paralegal for a leading law firm that has 8 offices within the UK. This company is looking to bring in an individual that they can progress in the company.
This proves to be a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress their career and widen their knowledge in a major organisation that places immense value on their staff. This firm offers real routes for progression, and is one of the best places for an individual who is looking to progress their career.
Monday - Friday - Permanent - Hybrid / Belfast City Centre
Law degree is essential - Opportunities available to become a Solicitor etc available
£20,000 + Progression Opportunities & Leading Benefits from a Major firm.
All levels of experience shall be considered where the firm will offer be-spoke in-house training to kick-start your legal career post-university, ideally for those seeking to progress to training and qualifying with the IPLS.
Your initial work load will consist of the following tasks which are essential building blocks to independent file management post-qualification:
- Progressing discovery matters by drafting the appropriate pleadings and thoroughly reviewing all discoverable material;
- Carrying our legal research, reviewing evolving case law and procedural nuances of certain claims;
- Assisting with investigation matters by taking both informal and formal statements from witnesses;
- Assisting with trial preparation with compiling trial bundles and helping both clients and witnesses prepare to testify at trial;
- Compiling an in-depth analysis of quantum evidence which includes preparing chronologies and identifying anomalies across various sources of evidence to include Hospital and GP notes but also medico-legal reports to assist the lead file handler with reserves calculations;
- Instructing Counsel and medico-legal experts by compiling briefs and letters of instruction;
This is a fantastic opportunities which will allow both recent law graduates and prospective IPLS candidates to gain an invaluable paid experience in a progressive, market leading defendant law firm with the opportunity to train thereafter.
The Ideal Person:
- Law Degree or similar
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritise work, keep to deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work to agreed targets and service level agreements
- Excellent research skills
- High level of analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
VANRATH HAVE PROUDLY SUPPORTED THE NORTHERN IRELAND CHILDREN'S HOSPICE SINCE 2014, AND ARE FOUNDING MEMBERS OF THE 'TIME TO CARE' INITIATIVE.
'Time to Care' is a unique partnership opportunity for up to 30 businesses in Northern Ireland, funding the salary of a qualified children's nurse for a year at the Children's Hospice.
VANRATH are delighted to have been the first company to support 'Time to Care', and have proudly funded the salary of a Senior Staff Nurse since March 2014.
"As the leader in the professional recruitment sector in Northern Ireland, we take our corporate social responsibility seriously - we saw an opportunity with the Children's Hospice to build a strong, on-going partnership, which delivers tangible benefits to the children who need it most within our own community.
"We've been delighted to welcome one of the nurses to our offices in Belfast, where her experience and knowledge really resonated with our staff, and helped us understand the ways in which the Northern Ireland Children's Hospice is a lifeline to so many children and families locally.
"We hope our collaboration with the Children's Hospice will not only give them much needed support, but also inspire other businesses to support then in this initiative, to help contribute in a real way to enable them to deliver their vital services."
VANRATH began in 2000, when a senior level accountant was on the lookout for new opportunities. Wayne Sullivan discovered that professional recruitment services for accountants was not quite the experience he had expected. His entrepreneurial nature and a drive to help other accountants like himself to realise their career aspirations, was the 'light-bulb' moment that encouraged him to start a recruitment agency like no other. The goal was to recruit in the same way, and to the same standard, that an employer would recruit into their own business to ensure the client would get exactly what they required.