- Job Reference: RAGCM230123
- Job Title: Graduate Construction Manager (Main Contractor)
- Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 DOE + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland
Graduate Construction Manager
Are you looking for a Graduate Construction Manager opportunity? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Graduate Construction Manager to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£20,000 - £25,000 DOE + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
The business has an outstanding opportunity for a Graduate Construction Manager to join them on a permanent basis. They are looking for a career driven, enthusiastic individual to join them as part of their Graduate/Placement programme.
The role offers a unique opportunity to build a successful career in construction, gaining valuable industry experience. You will get hands-on experience within a dynamic and progressive company to give you the tools needed to succeed in the industry.
Role & Responsibilities (all working under supervision):
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities and systems
- Develop project plans and schedules and execute plans to achieve agreed outcomes
- Comply with the Health & Safety aspects of the project in line with company policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate project activities in accordance with company Quality System, Standard Quality Procedures and Engineering Specifications
- Manage complete day-to-day life-cycle of project from initial stages through to hand-over
- Meet agreed objectives in the areas of timely delivery, cost, quality and client satisfaction
- Work to resolve critical site issues
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Obtain all necessary internal permits
- Achieve a 'right first time' philosophy throughout the project life cycle
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of projects through leadership, management, technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life-cycle
- Manage the day-to-day site operations of subcontractors on site
- Manage the day-to-day internal finishes on site
- Help manage project in line with the agreed production targets
- Manage the work flow of sub-contractors ensuring they're in line with the program of works on site
- Agree sub-contractors' long term and short term program and monitor performance
- Ensure highest level of health and safety is upheld at all times
The Ideal Person:
- Construction related Degree (Qualified or close to graduation)
- Hungry to succeed within the Construction industry
- Be able to successfully manage workload and work to deadlines
- IT competent in Microsoft packages and SharePoint
- Valid CSCS would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines and under pressure
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical and technical skills
- Ability to challenge people and situations in a constructive objective manner
- Able to commute to Newry on a daily basis
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion