I am pleased to be working with a renowned medical engineering company based in Belfast. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions my client is investing heavily in their already established finance function to help meet the needs of a growing business. We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant, with a particular focus on Accounts Payable. The successful candidate will report to the assistant management accountant. A great opportunity to gain hands on experience in an already established finance department
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer, to attract the very best talent in a busy market.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression
- In-house training from a fantastic finance team
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working after probationary period
My client is currently undergoing a huge period of growth due recent acquisitions and organic development. Having recently increased their staff to 110 and further growing their finance team, my client is a powerhouse in their industry. My client continually provides market leading technology and supplies to the medical community and remains the largest privately owned distributor to the healthcare sector. An exciting company, which just continues to grow.
This role has come about due to internal growth within the current finance team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Assistant Accountant. This role allows for an interesting day to day working life due to the variety of tasks to carryout daily and offers career progression. Moreover, my client is implementing a new system within the next 24 months, which is a fantastic learning opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage purchase invoice queries, including, but not limited to, notification of query to the supplier, recording same on accounts system and maintenance of the hard copy query files.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Notification of ongoing queries to operations and department heads on a regular basis.
- Ensure all invoices falling due for payment are either paid or queried in a timely fashion.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations and resolution of reconciling differences.
- Management of the monthly payment run, including, but not limited to, production of cheques, BACS payments, remittances, notifications of invoices on query and postage to suppliers.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Payable on the accounts system, including, but not limited to, payment terms, rebates due, discounts allowed and supplier addresses.
- Ensure all unallocated payments are allocated before month end closing.
- Costing and posting of all overhead invoices and obtaining approvals for payment.
- Reanalysis of cheque journal and cash book.
- Monthly reconciliation of Credit card and Debit card transactions.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that should arise.
The Ideal Candidate
This role is ideally suited to a graduate working toward an accounting qualification.. The successful candidate should have the following:
- Working toward an accounting qualification
- 2.2 or above in an Accountancy and Finance related degree subject
- Driven and keen to ascertain career progression
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Exposure to accounting software's or n ERP system would be benefice
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC, FD and the Assistant Accountants and get exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FC.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.